Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

So. Amazingly, working out is becoming a routine part of my day. I can't believe I am saying that. Funny how if you just keep doing something it becomes habit. So every day other than rest days I enjoy getting in a workout and shower right before dinner. Yes, you read correct -ENJOY. Of course, if you ask me mid-workout and my muscles are screaming at me to quit, I will probably not say so. But I do. Yesterday something came up so I was unable to workout before dinner - but I actually got in a short workout at 8 pm - not my favorite time but it was important for me to get it in. I can't believe how my attitude towards fitness has completely shifted. It's especially good on full days like yesterday where all day ppl were just feeding us information, information, information in staff training. And by the time I sat down to try reading my Bible I couldn't focus, cause my information reservoir was full for the day (so I just lay and basked in His presence instead). So it felt so good to get physically moving and exert myself and sweat a bit. When I workout, I feel strong and empowered.

Saw this quote today, just thought it can really apply to fitness - just remember to push when you're working out - you're capable of so much more than you think.
Some think that seeing is believing but with God—believing is seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment