Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Because healthy living doesn't mean I can't have dessert...

Healthier No Bake Cookies

Healthier No Bake Cookies

Ingredients
* 1 ripe banana, mashed well
* 1 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup cocoa powder
* 1/2 cup nonfat milk
* 1/2 cup peanut butter
* pinch of salt
* 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
* 3 cups instant oats
Directions
Being inspired by a recipe I saw for no bake cookies that used a banana in place of butter, I decided to try my hand at creating a healthier version of my family recipe. One mashed banana replaces the one stick of butter, the sugar is cut in half, and a low fat milk (skim or almond) is used instead of whole or two-percent. Of course, there is quite a bit of sugar (one cup) in the recipe but it’s still much healthier than traditional no bake cookies. I think regular old fashioned oats might work in place of the quick oats, but I had quick oats on hand so that’s what I used.This recipe was orginally posted on my healthy living blog.
  1. Place all ingredients except the vanilla and oats in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat – stirring often.
  2. Let the mixture boil for one minute, remove from heat and let the mixture cool for one minute.
  3. Add the vanilla and oats and stir well to combine.
  4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper and cool to room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment